Universal City Parks Survey
The City of Universal City is in the process of preparing the Universal City Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan 2022-2032. We are asking for Universal City citizens to participate in this study so the City can plan future parks and recreation programs based upon your needs.
The City produced the previous Universal City Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master in 2013. That plan drove substantial improvements in all city parks, including:
- Northview Park (2015) 4.43 acre park which includes two sets of restrooms, turfed and shaded play areas, play structure.
- Remington Place Park (2017) 0.84 acre neighborhood park developed and donated by KB Homes. Includes a walking path and play structure. Installed new landscaping and reuse water irrigation.
- Cibolo Creek Nature Trail (2017) With financial assistance from a Texas Parks and Wildlife Trail Grant, developed approximately 3.15 miles of walking trails along Cibolo Creek.
- Splash Pad (2019) 4,300 square-foot splash pad with picnic tables, two small pavilions and one large pavilion.
- Copano Ridge Park (2017) 1.20 acre neighborhood park developed and donated by KB Homes. Includes a play structure. Installed new landscaping and reuse water irrigation.
- Veteran’s Park (2020) 8.60 acre park with walking trail, restrooms, five picnic shelters, and one large pavilion.
- Meadow Oaks Park (2021) Renovated and improved park with new lighted basketball court, large pavilion, playground with fall zone, shade structure, picnic tables, fencing, and landscaping. Installed new landscaping and reuse water irrigation.
- Red Horse Park (2022) Renovated and improved park with community tree garden, xeriscape garden, exercise stations, butterfly station, outdoor classroom, picnic shelters, two new play structures, and additional parking added.
- Cimarron Park & Clubhouse Repaved parking area, new playscape installed, upgraded chain link fence to steel fencing, installed new landscaping and reuse water irrigation.
The City also received two Texas Parks and Wildlife Local Park Grants in the amount of $300,000 and a Trail Grant in the amount of $75,000.
Please select one of the options below to complete the 2022 Parks and Recreation Survey and help the City plan future parks and recreation programs based upon your needs. Your opinion is important and Universal City would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.
TAKE THE SURVEY ONLINE:
Click the button below to complete this survey by October 15, 2022. Survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.
PRINT AND MAIL SURVEY:
To print and mail a paper copy of the Parks and Rec Survey, please click the link below and mail postmarked by October 15, 2022 to:
Universal City Public Works
Attn: Randy Luensmann
2150 Universal City Blvd.
Universal City, TX 78148