NEW Online Permit Processing is NOW ACTIVE!
3 Easy Steps
- Portal Registration
- Contractor Registration (if required)
- Permit Submittal, Review, Payment & Issuance
Use the Portal Link to access the new permitting software system. Create an account and apply for a contractor registration, if applicable. After the account registration is approved, application for a permit(s) can be submitted through the portal. If already registered in the old permitting system, the registration fee for the new system will be waived.
PORTAL HELPLINE --- 210-330-6517
For questions or technical support, please contact Lilly Llamas at 210-330-6517, the designated Portal Helpline. If no answer, please leave a voicemail to receive a return call.
**** Customers that have an active permit issued in the old system should continue to call in inspections via the Inspection Request Phone Line at 210-659-0333, ext. 444 ****
Registration for all contractors is good for one year from the date of issuance.
The following is a list of contractors requiring registration with the city:
- General Contractor – performs construction work of both commercial and residential property, new and existing construction.
- Home Improvement Contractor – performs construction work of only existing residential property.
- Electrical Contractor – performs electrical construction of both commercial and residential property, new and existing construction.
- Plumber – performs construction of plumbing and gas trades to include water and sewer service work of both commercial and residential property, new and existing construction.
- Mechanical – performs construction of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and similar mechanical systems on both commercial and residential property, new and existing construction.
- Lawn Irrigation Contractor – performs installation of lawn sprinkler systems on both commercial and residential property, new and existing construction.
- Backflow Testers - performs testing of plumbing and irrigation backflow devices.
- Sign Maintenance Contractor – performs installation of all types of new commercial signs and replacement of all types of existing commercial signs that do not require wiring of any electrical components.
- Commercial Sign Operator – is required to hold a valid electrical contractor’s license with the city and performs electrical wiring of commercial signs as well as installation of signs.
- Fire Alarm Installers – performs installation of fire alarms at commercial property.
- Fire Suppression Installers – performs installation of all fire sprinkler systems to include suspended overhead type systems and kitchen Ansul systems at commercial property.
- Fire Sprinkler Installers - performs installation of fire sprinkler systems in commercial and residential properties where applicable.
- Utility Contractors - performs utility work to include new installation, replacement or extension of water and sewer service lines and fire lines.
- Underground Storage Tank Contractors - performs installation, replacement and removal of underground petroleum tanks at commercial property.
Any questions regarding the information provided herein may be directed to the staff of the Development Services Department at 210-659-0333.