Universal City Animal Care & Control Surrender Policy
- We strongly encourage residents to exhaust all other means of finding a new home for your unwanted animals. Talk to your friends, family and neighbors, pass the word to your coworkers. Contact humane organizations and rescue groups. Social media is another avenue to help spread the word to people you know that you are looking to rehome a pet.
- Appointment is required. We accept surrendered animals from Universal City residents only space permitting. UCACC is not always able to take owner surrenders the same day as your request or dependent on the animals disposition.
- Proof of residency required, bring a water or utility bill.
- Resident must provide valid ID, phone number and email address.
- Resident will be required to complete and sign an Owner Surrender agreement. To save time, download and complete before your appointment.
- Resident will be required to pay all surrender fee(s).
- Resident will be asked to provide your pets general information such as spay/neutered, breed, age, behavioral concerns and medical information. Please provide your pets vaccination records.
- Reason you wish to surrender your pet.
- Staff will explain the surrender policy.
- Once an animal is surrendered, the owner will hold no further claim to the animal or to the final disposition of the animal.
- Animal will become property of the City immediately once the pet is surrendered.
- Animal may be adopted, transferred or euthanized at any time due to space restrictions, medical reasons or disposition.
- Animal will not be returned to the owner except under normal adoption conditions. Owner will need to reimburse the City for its expense for caring for the animal and any expenses associated with preparing and holding the animal for adoption. Fees may exceed the normal adoption fee.